latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member + Hotmart (Brazilian Clickbank)

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member + Hotmart (Brazilian Clickbank)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 1:48 pm #27910
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Hey folks,

I’ve just bought S2member which I plan to use on a product I’m developing which will be a (surprise!) membership site.

So here’s what I want to do:

• Integrate Hotmart (Brazilian Clickbank) with S2Member;
  • Integrate S2Member and BuddyPress;
  • Integrate S2Member and Aweber.

So, I’m not sure how to do all that. There is this company here in Brazil which will do that especifically with hotmart, but they charge around R$500 bucks, which is roughly U$250.

So I was wondering if I could do it all by myself.

I wouldn’t mind giving my access codes to hotmart and my site so people can take a look. Or you can point me to the tutorial that I shouls follow.

From what I’ve seen it is not THAT hard, but what do I know.

What I do know is that Hotmart has an API I can use with a POST method which is able to supply me with lots of different parameters: email, name, price, address, etc.

So, could you guys help me out to set this up?? Feel free to point me to the right resources so I can take a look.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Bruno.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:39 am #27960
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately we don’t have a tutorial for adding custom payment gateways. The process is not easy and requires programming experience and knowledge of how both s2Member works and how the new gateway works. Other users on the forum have created custom payment gateways for s2Member (I cannot recall who; you might want to try searching the forum), so it’s certainly possible.

If you’re not comfortable with PHP programming, we recommend posting your job on jobs.wordpress.net, or if the new payment processor is offering to do the integration themselves, then that might be another option. All of the s2Member source code is available, so you can look at the code for the existing gateways to understand how they work.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 9:08 pm #28787
Bruno

Humm I see

ok thanks for that :)

Another question: I plan to have a 3 level setup for my product (different prices and access to content)

I know I can do this with levels, but I was watching that custom capabilities video and then it talks about using custom capabilities instead of levels.

So I’m wondering which one I should use.

Bear in mind that I won’t be using Paypal buttons as described in the video, so I’m not sure if it will be too complicated to use those custom capabilities or if I’m just better off using levels.

Thx in advance!

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:46 am #28826

The choice between levels and ccaps depends on how you will package the content to sell, and what other features of s2Member you want to use in combination with it.

If your packages will give incremental access (package 2 gets access to content for package 1, plus content for package 2) then levels would work. If content will be separate (user who gets package 2 doesn’t get access to content for package 1), then ccaps would be needed (or customizing the levels roles).

If you want to use a feature that works with levels only (like URI restriction, or AWeber list transitions, or download limits for protected files, etc), then you’ll need to use levels.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 1:09 pm #28871
Bruno

Hi Cristian,

thx a lot. That has indeed helped :)

So levels it is :)

Cheers!

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 7:58 am #28984

Excellent. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.