latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member is not changing updating subscribers

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member is not changing updating subscribers

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 3:45 pm #26964

I currently have the latest update released by S2Member. I do not have the pro edition.

I just noticed that I have a ton of paid users that did not ever get changed to subscriber once they either cancelled their profile or I did not receive the next payment. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:55 pm #26987
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Christopher,

What behavior do you have configured under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior?

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:51 pm #26992

In-case you can’t see the below pic: http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/tech0925/Untitled-3.png

Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:50 am #27009
Eduan

That’s strange, that tells me that s2Member is not being able to communicate with PayPal, or vice-versa.

Could you check if you have logging enabled under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging?

If you don’t, wait until this happens again and show me both logs of the transaction (s2Member creates 2 different logs for each transaction). If you do, could you show the logs of one of those accounts? Remember to use <code></code> tags. Also remember to X out any personal or private info.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 am #27340

Hello,

sorry for the late reply. Yes logging is enabled along with all the other Paypal details. I can see that the plugin has created three log files. API, IPN, and RTN. I assume everything there is good.

Do I need to setup some sort of cron job in cPanel?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:18 pm #27354
Eduan

Could you please paste the logs here? All three are fine. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:36 pm #27355

Wouldn’t that be a security risk or at least a privacy violation? Is there something you can tell me what to look for in them?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:11 pm #27361
Eduan

Just look for emails, names, and basically anything that might reveal the user’s personality.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:27 pm #27380

I have same issue someone was set to expire on Oct 2nd and its Oct 3rd… And im using s2member Pro

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  brad hue.
Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:44 pm #27382

All their info is there including paypal info. The files look fine. Should I set up some sort of cron job in cPanel.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:55 am #27437
Eduan

@Chris,
You can if you want, really all I need is that you paste these logs here after you sensor out the private information, so that I see what s2Member has to say about the situation.

– Eduan

Hello Brad,

That is expected behavior, this is from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior:

*Some Hairy Details* There might be times whenever you notice that a Member’s Subscription has been cancelled through PayPal®… but, s2Member continues allowing the User access to your site as a paid Member. Please don’t be confused by this… in 99.9% of these cases, the reason for this is legitimate. s2Member will only remove the User’s Membership privileges when an EOT ( End Of Term ) is processed, a refund occurs, a chargeback occurs, or when a cancellation occurs – which would later result in a delayed Auto-EOT by s2Member.

s2Member will not process an EOT until the User has completely used up the time they paid for. In other words, if a User signs up for a monthly Subscription on Jan 1st, and then cancels their Subscription on Jan 15th; technically, they should still be allowed to access the site for another 15 days, and then on Feb 1st, the time they paid for has completely elapsed. At that time, s2Member will remove their Membership privileges; by either demoting them to a Free Subscriber, or deleting their account from the system ( based on your configuration ). s2Member also calculates one extra day ( 24 hours ) into its equation, just to make sure access is not removed sooner than a Customer might expect.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.