latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Selling multiple products

Home Forums Community Forum Selling multiple products

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  jorge 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:10 pm #42377
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I’m trying to figure out what would be the best way to set up my site.

I have multiple products I’m selling and a membership.

The way I have it set up now is that when someone buys product A, they also get the membership (I’m using separate ccaps to allow access to product A and membership content). However, from what I’ve been reading, it appears that if the customer cancels the membership they lose access all ccaps including to product A.

Any ideas on what would be the best way to set this up so they don’t lose access to the products they purchase if they cancel their membership?

In other words, how can I sell a lifetime membership to custom capability A and a monthly membership to custom capability B (same transaction)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 4:23 am #42458

Hi Jorge.

What you could do is use a level for the monthly membership and the ccap for the lifetime access. ccaps can’t be sold with a subscription, you’re probably already using the levels for that anyway. So use the ccaps for the lifetime access only.

That way, you can edit the EOT behavior code so that on demotion the level is changed to 0, but the ccaps aren’t removed. Please take a look at this: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/question-about-ccaps-recurring-payment-and/#post-30257

I hope that helps!

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:53 am #42483
jorge

Thank you for the quick answer… this is where I get confused…

The way I just set it up is I sell product A, lifetime access with ccaps_productA (level 1)… after check out I give them the option to sign up for a free trial to membership content by setting up a subscription and ccaps_members (also level 1)…

Does that mean that if they cancel their subscription they will lose access to all ccaps even if they bought lifetime access prior?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:24 am #42559

Yeah. On EOT the demotion removes all ccaps. The hack I mentioned earlier would prevent the ccap removal and only the level would change (to 0).

I’d suggest that you sell the lifetime ccap independently, and the subscription as a level.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 9:41 am #42581
jorge

Makes sense… thank you!

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 2:53 am #42664
Staff Member

This is now a configurable option in s2Member v130220.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 4:19 am #42683

Excellent! :)

Jorge, you don’t need the hack anymore to keep the ccaps on EOT, instead use the setting Jason just added. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Membership EOTs also Remove all Custom Capabilities?[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 10:31 am #42734
jorge

Just in time… I was rolling up my sleeves to do this…

Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.