latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Selling subdomains

Home Forums Community Forum Selling subdomains

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 2:10 pm #39199
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I’ve been reading other forum posts, but I’m confused about whether or not I can do this with s2member.

I want to sell replicated websites. So if buyerA buys from me they will get a subdomain buyerA.mainsite.com or a subfolder mainsite.com/buyerA where they will be able to essentially blog…

I’m not protecting content, as much as I am selling their ability to blog on our network. They won’t be using s2member on their subdomains.

I know I will have to create the subsite.

Essentially what I want to know is can I restrict a user from logging into or posting content on their replicated site if they end their subscription on maindomain.com? Will this have to be done manually?

Other ideas or comments are welcome :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 4:06 am #39493
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

When s2Member® is running on a Multisite Network in Multisite Blog Farm mode, it is possible to sell your Members the ability to create X number of blogs; where s2Member makes it possible to restrict the number of Blogs that can be created at each Membership Level. There are a few options here.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Multisite (Config)

Once the blog is created (by your Member), the Member becomes an Administrator of that Child Blog on your Network, in addition to being a Member on the Main Site of your Network. So they are your Member, and they have a Child Blog on your Network, where they are an Administrator.

If the customer cancels, expires, etc… they will lose Membership privileges on the Main Site, but access to their Blog remains unless & until you terminate that manually. Some site owners have implemented API Notification Handlers to deal with this in custom ways.

See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Please note that support for this type of usage with s2Member®, falls under our Network Support License. Along with your purchase of a Network Support License, you will receive written assistance from us on this topic. Some additional documentation is also made available to customers that purchase a Network Support License. See: s2Member® » Prices/Licensing
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:37 am #40691
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I purchased the license, should I still reply here or through the email given?

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:56 pm #40762
Staff Member
Thanks for your purchase :-)
~ I got your email, and we can continue there please.
I’m reviewing your email and I will respond shortly.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.