latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Setting up child farm blog problems

Home Forums Community Forum Setting up child farm blog problems

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 4:33 pm #43810

hi

so i purchased the network license to have a blog farm for multisite.

Currently I have all my members at my main site called http://www.myfitbodylife.com. Now when members go to my main site and click log in, I want them to be redirected to http://members.myfitbodylife.com

I set up the “Login Welcome Page” on the main site to redirect to http://members.myfitbodylife.com/%%current_user_level%%-member-area

i set up a page on the members.myfitbodylife.com and called it 1-member-area and protected with level 1

when I log in from the main site, it goes to the members site but it doesn’t let me in and brings me to options page.

how do I set it up where users can login from the main site and enter the members sites?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 9:00 pm #44022

Still no answer from anyone in 48 hours?

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 6:35 am #44052

Hi khoi.

Sorry about the delay, it’s been a busy week for us here. Thanks for your patience.

how do I set it up where users can login from the main site and enter the members sites?

This is actually a WordPress thing, not s2Member.

The login session is being done in the www subdomain, so the user is not being logged in to the members one. So when the person is taken to the Login Welcome page in the members subdomain, since that page requires him to be logged in but he isn’t there, the redirection to the Membership Options Page happens.

Maybe there’s another plugin, or a hack, to enable the network login with WordPress multisite.

Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 1:34 am #44141

hi cristian

then we have a major problem. I previously asked if it was possible to set it up as such in a previous post and one of your support techs said it was possible as long as I bought the multisite blog farm license. I then bought it and how YOu tell me it can’t be done.

The multisite blog farm license is useless to me then.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:50 am #44332

I’m sorry about that. Could you show me where you were told that so I can review the conversation? I looked for it but didn’t find it.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 12:35 pm #44399

cristian you were the one that told me that it was possible.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/multisite-use-for-subdomain/

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:14 pm #44401

Ah, I see what we talked.

Well, we weren’t talking about login sessions between blogs in the network in that other thread, which is the problem you seem to be having from what we talked in this thread. Login sessions are not managed by s2Member, but WordPress. You can test this even without s2Member.

That said, after re-reading your other thread, I realize I may have misunderstood what you said there. You mentioned sending the user to member.mysite.com, and I understood that member was a placeholder for each member’s name. That’s why I said that “if the users will have a child blog, then the blog farming license would be needed”.

Could you confirm if it’s a single members installation for all members, or if each member gets his own blog? If it’s a child blog for each member, then the Network Support license is fine. If it’s a single members blog for all members, then the Unlimited Sites license would be enough because you have two (www and members) and I’ll ask Elizabeth in billing about adjusting your payment.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm #44402

hi cristian

please have payment adjusted because the module doesn’t work. in the previous post when i stated user signs up at www and gets “ACCESS” to member, it implicitly means that they get to login the subdomain after signing up on the main domain.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:33 pm #44405

please have payment adjusted because the module doesn’t work. in the previous post when i stated user signs up at www and gets “ACCESS” to member, it implicitly means that they get to login the subdomain after signing up on the main domain.

If the user registers with wp-signup.php and creates a child blog, then he’ll have access to that child blog as its admin, but even then, his login session in the main www blog won’t work in his own child blog, he’d have to login there as well. This is the way WordPress multisite works, it’s not handled by s2Member, so it’s not something not working in s2Member.

Can you do what you want with WordPress multisite without s2Member installed? Can you login to the main site and have that log the user into a child blog as well?

And the free version of s2Member already has the multisite integration, e.g. controlling how many child blogs if any, the user would get depending on the level. The Pro add-on doesn’t change the s2Member multisite features. The license is to use the pro add-on in the network, since it’d make it available to all user child blogs too.

To clarify what license you need to use s2Member Pro in the multisite network, could you tell me if member.mysite.com in your other post represents a single child blog for all users, or a blog for each user? Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:37 pm #44406

like i previously said, the users will not have a child blog. I have http://www.site1.com where I add users to manually or users sign up. Users will then have login access to members.site1.com only. When users go to http://www.site1.com to login in, they will be logging into and have access to members.site1.com.

Currently, when users log in at the main site, they DO NOT have access to protected members.site1.com

so the plug for multisite blog farm doesn’t meet my needs.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:49 pm #44407

so the plug for multisite blog farm doesn’t meet my needs.

It’s not a plugin for multisite blog farm, the plugin is still the s2Member Framework. The license is not the plugin, but the license to use the Pro add-on in the network where users get their own blog.

I will ask about adjusting the license, not because s2Member doesn’t work, but because it’s not the one you needed for a couple of blogs in the network, since you’re not giving users their own blogs. I did say that the Network License would be needed if users got their own blog in the network, so if you knew that wasn’t the case, you didn’t need to purchase that one. But I could have understood better what you were trying to do and told you to get the Unlimited Sites one specifically.

When users go to http://www.site1.com to login in, they will be logging into and have access to members.site1.com.

This is something WordPress multisite itself doesn’t do, and s2Member doesn’t modify it or claims to. It’s not impossible, though, but it’ll require a plugin or hack for it.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 4:11 pm #44527

i’m sorry let me reword.

the s2member plugin works. the license for multisite doesn’t match my needs. please adjust the license and refund back for the multisite blog farm license.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:10 pm #44538

Got ya. Earlier Elizabeth sent me an email confirming the refund of the Network license upgrade:

Elizabeth said:

I have refunded the Multi site Network license upgrade only.
It takes 2 to 3 business days for the credit to appear on his card.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.