latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Shipping Physical Goods

Home Forums Community Forum Shipping Physical Goods

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 12:19 am #25245
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I read the common problems/questions post about this, but it didn’t quite answer my question.

I’m looking at selling my membership site, but also giving my members an option to get physical goods.

It appears that in order to sell the physical goods I’ll have to sell a specific page… but I also want them to get access to the membership pages.

What would be the best or easiest way to set this up?

Also,

To ship the goods I need to send an email notification to toorders@vervante.com and an email with shipping info. Is that something I set up inside of PayPal? Am I going to have to generate a Buy Now Button inside of PayPal to do this?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:46 am #25285

Hi Jorge.

Since you already will have them register an account, the Specific Post/Page restriction isn’t as useful. The advantage of that restriction is managing access to content by users that don’t have an account.

With an account, you can sell a custom capability, instead. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

Then when someone buys that ccap, you can ship your physical good.

About the email, if you set your Payment Notification to send you an email, then in your email account you could create a filter that will forward those notifications about the ccap for the physical good, to the address you mentioned. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 9:52 am #25297
jorge

Cristian,

Thanks for the quick reply!

That is a big help.

That only takes care of current customers. What about new customers? How can I give them the option to just buy the membership or buy the membership and get the physical goods if they don’t have an account?

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 4:13 am #25396

How can I give them the option to just buy the membership or buy the membership and get the physical goods if they don’t have an account?

Just create two different buttons/pro-forms, one for each of the options you mentioned. :)

By the way, you can’t have multiple pro-forms in the same page, so you need to have them separate, but you can link to both from a single one, like we do in our prices page: http://www.s2member.com/prices/

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #25645
jorge

Gotcha… thanks!

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 10:26 pm #25649
jorge

Ok. I set up everything, except for the filter.

How do I send an email to vervante only when the custom capability is bought? (and no email when no cc is bought)

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 3:07 am #25682

If you use the notification, the email will be sent on every purchase, unless you hack the notifications code to customize it the way you want. What I was suggesting was to let it send every email, but in your email account set up a filter that will pick up the ones where the ccap was purchased and label it in some way to highlight it.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 12:21 pm #25703
jorge

Ok I see…

Well I figured out how to set up a filter inside my cPanel…

But I’m a bit confused. As of right now, when a payment is made, paypal send an email to my account email which is a hotmail account. The filtering options there are not as good as my domain email.

I’m assuming what I need to do is set up an API/Notification to send an email to my domain email.

Is this done through the “Send an Email Transaction Log of This Event?”…

and what is that going to send? Will it include the shipping info the buyer entered on PayPal?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 6:06 am #25752

Is this done through the “Send an Email Transaction Log of This Event?”…

Right.

and what is that going to send? Will it include the shipping info the buyer entered on PayPal?

No, that’s on PayPal’s side. The notification’s email will include the values available as replacement codes for the notificiation. You can set it up and do a test transaction to see what you get. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.