latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Simple redirect question?

Home Forums Community Forum Simple redirect question?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 7:56 pm #7507
cassel
Username: cassel

I have used redirect with php coding, following the patient help from Christian, using conditionals. Now, i have a set of pages that i needed to redo, and i needed to create them on a different URL. I dont want to replace or delete the previous links as they were posted in various places, but i want people to be automatically redirected to the new URL. Both the old and the new pages had conditionals, but only the new ones will now be used.

Maybe it is not a s2M question, but i am just not sure: how do i code whatever would need to be coded to redirect from the old to the new page? Can i use it directly ON the old page?

This is what i had when i was redirecting WITH conditionals:

<?php if (current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_basic') && !current_user_can('administrator')){ ?><script type="text/javascript">window.location = 'http://scrapbookcampus.com/welcome-to-the-basic-scrapping-course/';</script><?php } else {?><?php } ?>

but in this new case, i dont need the if condition. Maybe it is too simple a question?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 4:47 am #7536

I’m not sure I understand the question.

You had some pages redirect to Page A and now you prefer to have them go to Page B, but don’t feel like fixing the previous redirections? If so, you could just have a new redirection on Page A pointing to Page B.

Does that help? :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:26 am #7540
cassel

Not exactly. The example i gave it when i had a redicrection with conditionals (if they have a specific ccap, they would be redirected or not), but now i have some old pages with some content that WAS accessible only with logging in. Now, i want that content to be accessible with some ccaps instead. All the inside links in the site are now pointing to the NEW url but some places (old emails, forum posts, etc) might still have the OLD one so how do i just redirect anyone trying to access the OLD pages to be sent to the NEW ones.

So, since i am terrible with html and such, i dont know the syntax to redirect as it is obviously not exactly like the other redirect i am using.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:54 am #7551
cassel

Never mind, i found one solution: in my dashboard, under the specific page, i have the SEO box where i can redirect (in case of affiliate link for example), so i just put the NEW url there and it does redirect automatically. I am not sure if it is only my theme or if it is standard, but that solves my problem.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 2:25 pm #7570

Right! Glad you solved it. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.