latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Still Getting Error #36, Error #7 & Error #12

Home Forums Community Forum Still Getting Error #36, Error #7 & Error #12

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 11:35 am #45978

Hello,

We are still getting customers who are reporting to us that when they try to subscribe via PayPal, they get Error #36. Then when they try to use their card, they still get Error #36.

This is affecting our sales, and also making it a headache for us as we have to accept manual PayPal payments.

On the flip side, when PayPal does work for one of our customers, on their renewal date, we are getting a lot of declined payments with Error #7 and Error #12. No, #12 I believe is the CSC code error, so perhaps, we have a lot of customers who can’t fill this in right.

But Error #7 is the one that more concerns me as all we get it “Field Format Error”. I have no idea what that means. What I do know is – we are losing a lot of recurring customers because we have to deactivate them and take away their subscription – and they aren’t coming back because PayPal works for them everywhere but at our site. And even if we let it decline twice – PayPal is not informing S2 and automatically demoting them.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 11:52 am #46066

Any help?

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 4:37 pm #46087
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.
And thank you for your patience.

The first thing we’ll need to see for this are your log files. Do you have logging enabled?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

If so, you can send your log files to us through Private Contact Form along with a Dashboard and FTP Login. If you don’t have logging enabled, we’ll need to run test transactions to get some information.

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Sunday Apr 7th, 2013 at 7:19 pm #46816

Hi, any update? Submitted this over a week ago and have received no response. We have several people saying they can’t use PayPal at our site – but can at other sites.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:31 pm #46968
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi, any update? Submitted this over a week ago and have received no response. We have several people saying they can’t use PayPal at our site – but can at other sites.

Thanks, but we did not receive any information from you regarding this issue. It’s possible something happened during the connection to send the information for us. Could you please send the info again? Let us know when you do.

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 2:44 pm #47107

I resubmitted it a few minutes ago.

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 4:53 pm #47325
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the information.

I went to take a look at your site yesterday, and was prompted with an error and the error still persist for me today. It says:

We apologize for the inconvenience but your WordPress Login page has been temporarily disabled. You are seeing this page as your site has recently been the target of a brute-force attack attempting to gain access to your WordPress Dashboard. In order to secure your site and prevent attackers from gaining access to your data, you will be unable to login to the Dashboard until the block expires. For more information please see our support site

Can you let us know when this error is fixed so we can take a look? I really only need your PayPal IPN and PDT logs so if login is not possible, if you could just send your log files that would be great.

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 9:28 pm #47362

New email sent – login info changed/updated.

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:46 pm #47515
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received. Thank you.

~ I’m taking a look now.
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 4:52 pm #47520
Bruce
Staff Member

Update…

I just ran two test transactions @ $0.01, and both seem to have gone through correctly. However when I take a look at your logs I see it is full of errors, and there was an error with your custom attribute on my last transaction.

At this point I feel as though we’ve narrowed it down to three possibilities. Either your PayPal Payflow integration (not your regular PayPal integration) is not configured correctly, or your caching plugin (or a different plugin) is filtering your queries, causing errors. Alternatively, there is a server misconfiguration that’s causing queries to be blocked. I’d appreciate it if you could run the s2Member Server Scanner, and let us know if anything comes up there when you run it.

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

In addition, could you please ensure that your Payflow integration is set up correctly? Follow the instructions here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow™ Account Details

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.