latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Understanding custom capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Understanding custom capabilities

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 12:46 am #55471

Hi, sorry for posting even though there are lots covered regarding custom capabilities, but I feel I need to do this because I am a complete newbie in terms of wordpress, s2member pro, shortcodes, & php hacks (which I seem to see alot in existing forum threads). I can’t seem to get them all around my head yet.

Here’s my scenario: I am building a mobile website design service. People will purchase and given level 1 membership. Inside, there will be OTOs where people can upgrade for extra service, but that’s it. Customers can still opt out from OTO and can buy the OTOs in their level 1 members area, but at a higher price. The OTOs will have both one-time upgrades and monthly subscriptions.

In short, each OTOs will be sort of individual “add-ons”. They will not reflect extra membership levels upgrade when they purchase these OTOs. I will only be letting them acces a ‘specific page’ containing instructions on what to do next when a specific OTO is purchased.

I have read almost any thread searches that I can, to developer and support staff, please let me know if this thread fits my scenario. I felt this is the one (http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/email-on-ccap-purchase-by-existing-member/), but of course I would appreciate support staff to reply how to proceed with my scenario in a more newbie-friendly way.

This service I’m launching is my 1st flagship product, I will be putting a complete in-depth review testimonial. I have chosen S2Member Pro over many other alternatives. Hope this is incentive enough. :)

Many thanks in advance and I hope to see reply soon! Cheers…

Yours sincerely,
Samuel Edyson

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 10:56 pm #55595
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m sorry for the delay over the weekend.

In short, each OTOs will be sort of individual “add-ons”. They will not reflect extra membership levels upgrade when they purchase these OTOs. I will only be letting them acces a ‘specific page’ containing instructions on what to do next when a specific OTO is purchased.

So you want to set up One-Time Offers that give access to specific posts of pages? It sounds like s2Member’s One-Time Offers upon login might be useful for you:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login)

s2Member allows you to either sell Specific Post/Page Access, or Custom Capabilities to accomplish what you’re looking to do with selling specific packages separate from Member Levels.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Forms
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons

s2Member does not specifically associate an amount with any Membership Level or content. So you can create multiple forms for any restriction at different amounts and s2Member will let you do that.

Those are the basics for what you’re looking for here. I’d recommend trying out how these different parts of s2Member work and see which you think will work for you best (Custom Capabilities, One-Time Offers, and Specific Post/Page Access). If you have any specific questions about any of those, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them. :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.