latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Understanding EOT-DEL-TYPEs

Home Forums Community Forum Understanding EOT-DEL-TYPEs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:43 am #16382

Hi there,
Can you help me understand the difference between
eot_del_type: ipn-cancellation-expiration-demotion
and
eot_del_type: auto-eot-cancellation-expiration-demotion

We are trying to get a handle on a growing number of customers reporting that their monthly subscriptions were suddenly cancelled without any action on their part.

We have 73 ipn-cancellations since April and need to be sure that something isn’t incorrect in our setup, causing spontaneous cancellations. : /

-grace

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 5:59 am #16427

Hi Grace. I’m forwarding this to Jason to answer, I don’t know enough to explain the difference between those two.

In the meantime, do you have the log files with the entries for those customers with the problem? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 9:18 am #16470

Hi Cristian,

The logging option was not yet turned on : / Its on now- but may be a while before matching up a problem customer with an IPN event.

-grace

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:11 am #16556

I see. Well, keep logging on and let us know when you have logged a transaction with the problem. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:59 am #16661
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

Regarding these two EOT types:

eot_del_type: ipn-cancellation-expiration-demotion
eot_del_type: auto-eot-cancellation-expiration-demotion

These really are both the same thing, but are classified separately for one reason only.

An “ipn-cancellation-expiration-demotion“, is an EOT demotion (or deletion, based on your EOT Behavior setting) that occurs due to a cancellation and/or expiration of a subscription plan, where the cancellation should occur immediately (i.e. during s2Member’s processing of the IPN itself). This is the case, for example, when a subscription is cancelled and/or expires due to it reaching max failed payments (this usually dictates an immediate EOT, access is now revoked in most cases, and there is no need to calculate any remaining time).

More the norm:

An “auto-eot-cancellation-expiration-demotion“, is an EOT demotion (or deletion, based on your EOT Behavior setting) that occurs due to a cancellation and/or expiration of a subscription plan, where the cancellation should NOT occur immediately (i.e. it does NOT occur during s2Member’s processing of the IPN itself).

Instead, this type of EOT is handled as part of s2Member’s Automatic EOT System (powered by WP Cron), where the EOT occurs at the correct point in time, based on a multitude of factors; like what was originally sold, whether it included a trial period, if the cancellation occurred during the trial period, etc, etc.

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:54 am #16665

Ok so the troubleshooting i am needing is this:

Multiple users are saying that their monthly subscriptions (no trial periods) have been cancelled and demoted without any action on their part. Most are in the situation that they were charged well for 3-4 months.. then it cancelled without their input.

There were 2 months during which our Paypal return info was not present, while taking subscriptions. When that was noticed we put in the appropriate info and continued. Since then my boss changed his primary email address on Paypal as well. So the return email addy is recently different. He is concerned that either or both of these two changes may be causing users’ accounts to fail due to mismatch info. Could this be the case?

(I have not yet been given a list or exact # of users contacting us with the same issue but it appears to be more than 5 that were brought to my attention.)

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 7:13 am #16716

Grace, if the payments weren’t recorded properly, it’s most likely that their payment time wasn’t recorded either, and this would affect the way s2Member figures out the EOT time. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-subscription-cancellation-data-loss/#post-16668

I’m not sure how your boss changing the email address in his PayPal account affects subscriptions, if at all. I’ll leave this to Jason.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.