latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unique IP Access restrictions clarification

Home Forums Community Forum Unique IP Access restrictions clarification

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruno 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 1:14 pm #30783
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Hi,

I’m taking a look at Unique IP Access restrictions and I just want to clarify some stuff:

“A single Username, Access Link, and/or Entry Point … is only valid for a certain number of unique IP addresses. Once that limit is reached, s2Member assumes there has been a security breach. At that time, s2Member will place a temporary ban ( preventing access ) to a Specific Post/Page, or to an account associated with a particular Username.”

I’d like to understand exactly when one or another will happen.

Say for example, a certain username access different pages from multiple ips above the limit I’ve set (5 as default), then the whole username will be temporarily banned. Is that it?

And if for example he tries to access the same page from multiple ips, then only that page will have its access restricted? Is that also correct?

Third and final question: do I get a notification when this happens so I can keep an eye on who perhaps is trying to share their username?

Thanks a bunch!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:44 am #30867

Right, the restriction is applied to the authentication they’re using: account’s username or Specific Page access link.

No, there’s no notification for this yet. You could probably hack the restriction so it emails you. s2member\includes\classes\register-in.inc.php

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:00 am #30904
Bruno

Well it did help in a way, but I have no idea whatsoever what to edit to have that functionality :(

Any easy copy and paste solution I could use? Or some reference guide?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Bruno.
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:05 pm #30951
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bruno,

This hack would be more than a simply copy/paste. If you’re not comfortable with PHP and the WordPress internals, you may want to post a job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Posted: Thursday Nov 8th, 2012 at 6:42 am #31000
Bruno

AH it’s alright then. I really didn’t know and thought that perhaps there was some easy fix

No worries ;)

Thx!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.