latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

using WP password page protection – not S2

Home Forums Community Forum using WP password page protection – not S2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  lisa carr 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm #55497
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

hi,

i want to password protect a page for people to login and see a webcast. This does not have anything to do with membership and so members and non-members of my site will be viewing.

i know that i can easily create a page in WordPress and password protect it using a single password for all (which is fine for this circumstance) – but i have S2 members setup within the site.

if i make the page and make it password protected in WP, will it affect anything within S2 member area? i am thinking that S2 probably uses the WP password protection integration in some way – so i don’t want to cause any issues….

thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:06 pm #55600
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay over the weekend.

if i make the page and make it password protected in WP, will it affect anything within S2 member area? i am thinking that S2 probably uses the WP password protection integration in some way – so i don’t want to cause any issues….

Nope, you can use the default WordPress password protection as well as s2Member protections on your site, or even on the same Post/Page. It won’t affect s2Member. :-)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 1:23 pm #55684
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

Great Bruce! Thanks ;-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.