latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Video Player Recommendation

Home Forums Community Forum Video Player Recommendation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruno 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 7:21 am #30763
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Hey folks,

I’m setting up a paid membership site at the moment and I saw in the tutorials here that the player of choice is JW Player.

I was just wondering whether I should get some other software like Easy Video Player as I’ve heard there are some great capabilities with it.

Does it make a difference when using S2? What do you guys recommend?

And is it worth getting a player like the EVP?

And finally, I know you guys recommend Cloudfront for Videos, but my public will be mainly based on Brazil and I’ve already selected Sao Paulo as my bucket location, so I don’t know how much difference I’d get with Cloudfront instead of just regular S3?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Bruno.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Bruno.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #30798
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bruno,

I would suggest that you check JW Player, along with this plugin by Philly:
http://phillymax.com/web/s2member-video-shortcode/

It really makes JW Player and s2Member work together better, or be more powerful, from what I know.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 7:14 pm #30826
Bruno

Thanks a lot mate! That indeed helps!

Now I just need to figure out this http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/jw-player-rtmp-streaming-mp4-amazon-s3/

:(

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 2:07 am #30854
Steve
Username: harty

For a video player I use Blubbry powerpress and highly recommend it.

Posted: Thursday Nov 8th, 2012 at 8:58 am #31024
Bruno

Thanks Steve! I will check it out!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.