latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

welcome page

Home Forums Community Forum welcome page

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 6:44 am #26414
Hillcliff
Username: hillcliff

Yes I have
s2if_current_user_canaccess_s2member_level2_____some_content_for_members_who_are_logged_in_with_an_s2member_level__2_s2if

Completely wrong I take it? Sound like you might have got to the crux of the problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:19 pm #26447
Peter R
Username: PeterRK

Here is some example code & instructions on how to set different welcome pages based on member level.

http://www.peterrknight.com/how-to-send-users-to-different-welcome-pages-based-on-user-level-in-s2member/

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 2:36 pm #26462
Hillcliff

Hi,

I have this:

s2if_current_user_canaccess_s2member_level2_____some_content_for_members_who_are_logged_in_with_an_s2member_level__2_s2if

That’s wrong I take it??! What should I change please?

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:23 am #26515
Hillcliff

I have had to revert back to page level restriction access for the time being as it’s the only way that doesn’t create any misdirection issues which isn’t ideal. Plus the php code solution for redirection still doesn’t work and one of the welcome pages will not load any images at all.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:22 am #26556

Completely wrong I take it? Sound like you might have got to the crux of the problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Yeah, it looks like you entered the conditional code into the box for the custom capability restriction of that page. If you want to use conditionals, those go in the body of the post/page.

If you use shortcode conditionals then the Visual editor is not a problem, but if you use PHP conditionals you have to only use the HTML editor.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:21 am #26687
Hillcliff

Hi, this all helps with the conditionals so thanks for that. Appreciate it. Still not addressed the problem of the login page redirection though which was the initial issue of the thread.

Many thanks

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:02 pm #26770
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Please see this thread for multiple redirects on the Login Welcome Page.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:02 am #26805
Hillcliff

The above doesn’t seem to work either. The page loads up with the membership sign up regardless of who has signed in.

Secondly if I use short codes level 2 members can still access the level one page.

Finally, none of the images load up on my level one welcome page despite the fact it’s on a template page and there is no issue with the level 2 welcome page images (or any other pages.) I’m at a loss.

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:54 am #26919
Raam Dev
Staff Member

The above doesn’t seem to work either. The page loads up with the membership sign up regardless of who has signed in.

That would indicate you have a problem with permissions, not with the redirection. If you login with a test account and then copy and paste the long URL that you’re redirected to on the Membership Options Page, I can tell you what the problem is.

Secondly if I use short codes level 2 members can still access the level one page.

That is normal behavior. All the levels in s2Member are cumulative, which means higher levels have access to everything granted to the lower levels. If you don’t want that to be the case, you need to use Custom Capabilities to restrict content to a specific Custom Capability so that only members with that Custom Capability have access.

Finally, none of the images load up on my level one welcome page despite the fact it’s on a template page and there is no issue with the level 2 welcome page images (or any other pages.) I’m at a loss.

That sounds like a problem with the template. I suggest checking the paths to the images that you’re using to make sure they’re correct. That’s not something caused by s2Member at all.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:38 am #27076
Hillcliff

Seems to have resolved itself if I just use the basic permissions, which means that level 2 members can access the level one area which in an ideal world is not what I wanted to happen but it will do.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 6:26 pm #27143
Raam Dev
Staff Member

If you want to further restrict levels, you can do that with Custom Capabilities. If content is restricted with a Custom Capability, then the member must have the Custom Capability regardless of their level. This is useful if you want to restrict Level 2 members from seeing Level 1 content.

Viewing 11 replies - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.