latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

When someone purchases multiple products

Home Forums Community Forum When someone purchases multiple products

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  ASU Service 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 10:28 am #35614

Hi Folks,
Not sure if this is just the way it is or if I have a setting wrong.

I have a site that offers multiple products and currently promoting a four product funnel. I’m using custom capabilities and everything is working great.

However, it’s doing things in such a way that it’s causing problems for the buyers.

Right now when they purchase multiple items they receive a confirmation email for each one … no problem there. When they click the confirmation link they get a login for each item. In turn they have to login using a different user/pass combo for each one. IMHO, it should just add the custom capability to the first user setup.

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:45 pm #35644
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

They need to be logged in if they are adding ccaps to their account. Otherwise s2member doesn’t know it’s a current member and won’t pass their user id along with the payment info.

That’s my first thought without seeing the way you have it set up.

Dave

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 5:40 pm #35662

I can appreciate that David and you’re entirely right when the items are sold separately via the site/members area. However, in this specific promotion the products are via a sales funnel outside the site and using JVZoo for payment & affiliate management.

The common denominator is the paypal email address. I don’t see why S2 couldn’t look for that email address in the system and add the ccap code to the members info.

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #35667
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

How are you handling the JVZoo integration with s2member since it’s not a standard gateway? (at least not in my version)

I would think that you should be able to hack whatever plugin or script you are using to process the notification from jvzoo to do this.

You are right that it is possible to do it that way, but s2member is built to work with the gateways it currently supports and it assumes that the user will be new or logged in for upgrades and that is how it manages everything.

If you have a special script the person who wrote it should be able to make this adjustment for you.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:13 pm #35999

Nope … no special/additional script. JVZoo can integrate directly with S2 using …

PayPal Options
PayPal IPN Integration
IPN w/ Proxy Key

As I mentioned this works fine other than creating a separate user for each purchase.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  ASU Service.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.