latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

1 day membership gave 2 days

Home Forums Community Forum 1 day membership gave 2 days

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Rob Reid 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 2:44 pm #49700
Rob Reid
Username: RobReid

Hello

I have a website and one of the buttons offers a daily membership.

Users can purchase access to the site for one day only for a small fee whenever they want.

However I had someone who signed up for this type of membership on the 8th April at 11:50:49 BST.

However they were only demoted by S2member today at Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

Therefore they were given 2 days access not 1.

From their PayPal profile page

8 May 2013 | 11:50:49 BST
Payment £2.00 GBP — Success

Expired
Customer marko xxx Unverified | xxxxx@xxxx
Profile start date 8 May 2013 | Profile ID I-0AVN7T5XTXXX

Billing details
Item name
Buy Todays Membship
Referencing Customer ID: 45
Customer IP Address: 78.0.16.xxx

Invoice Number
518a2f9f3aed3~78.0.16.xxx

Last payment due
8 May 2013

Add payments that failed to next bill
No

This profile will be suspended after
1 failures

And in the s2 members plugin – browse members page

Demoted by s2Member: Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Paid Subscr. ID @ time of demotion: paypal -› I-0AVN7T5XTXXX

Also in PayPal if I go to “view history” it shows

The following list includes profile status changes for recurring payments from marko xxxxxx.

Date Status Notes
8 May 2013 Expired
8 May 2013 Created

So the payment was created on the 8th and expired (cancelled) on the same day due to there being NO recurring payments e.g it wasn’t a daily payment it was a one off payment.

What I would like to know is why it took 2 days (to the hour) to demote them to subsciber status rather than 1 day (24 hours) through an IPN call.

They should have been demoted on the 9th May at 12.00 pm not the 10th May.

Can anyone expain why this would happen?

The buttons are set correctly and PayPal obviously cancelled their subscription immediatley so why did they get demoted 2 days later not 24 hours later?

Any help would be much appreciated.

This member did previously sign up for a days membership in April on the 10th and the same thing happened e.g they were demoted on the 12th not the 11th.

Thanks

Rob

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.