latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

1-day WordPress login — confused

Home Forums Community Forum 1-day WordPress login — confused

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 7:19 pm #13097

Hi S2Member,

I need to create a 24-hour day pass option for a website. The catch is that it can’t be based on Content Restriction but on vanilla WordPress membership. In other words, I can’t use the default “1-time purchase” option (which appears to be based on IP.) But rather I need specifically to create a login account that expires in 1 day.

I am a little confused by the options, though, and would love it if someone could show me what the shortcode for this should be.

I think I want to use the pulldown to choose “OFFER THE FIRST 1 DAY FOR $1.”

But then it requires “THEN I WANT TO CHARGE…” Do I just use “$0, for non-recurring”? I’m just confused by this part.

Again, I can’t use the alternative “Buy now” 1-shot option, because I think that is based on a content-restriction scheme and I’m instead dependent on basic WordPress membership as the decider.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 9:58 pm #13108

Hi Johnny.

You could try the free registration form, it lets you set an access and EOT time. So the person could register at Level 1 and be demoted after a day to Level 0.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 5:37 pm #13910

Hi —

I think this would help. Except, wait. Can I use this and still charge $1?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 8:59 pm #13937

Ah, no, that registration form doesn’t take payments. I just re-read your post, very sorry.

Reading it I realize I’m not very sure about what you want to do: do you want to sell access for one day for $1, and then delete the account? Could you explain a bit more? Thanks! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.