latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

1 PP Pro with s2 on multisite

Home Forums Community Forum 1 PP Pro with s2 on multisite

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 7:10 pm #14114

Hey Guys, so in our recent development, we’ve found the need to convert our site to a multisite blog farm. The main purpose is to sell access to content to the specific child blogs sharing a buddypress install. I understand we’d need to configure s2member per child site with the permissions ect pertaining to the specific blog. I was wondering how this would work with one PayPal Pro account. In essence we’d be handling all transactions for these separate sites. Is this possible? Also, with the Buddypress constant define( ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’, true ); which allows sharing the home buddypress install with the sites across the sites, will a user from the home blog be able to subscribe to paid content on any of the child sites? In my head, users will be able to navigate to these child sites, they would then be able to purchase the content specific to that site and visit the site at will for the content from the buddypress profile. Does this make sense and will it work? Lol.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 9:18 pm #14226

Hi Luis.

I know that by default, a multisite network doesn’t share the users between blogs, although they’re stored together in the database. If BuddyPress changes that, I’m not sure how it affects the way s2Member manages the user’s accross blogs.

Could you test this yourself giving a particular access to a user registered in one blog, and protecting some content with that access requirement in another blog of the network? Let us know how it goes!

If you end up using s2 for the blog farm, you’ll need to upgrade the license too. You’ll find an upgrade link in your Account page, so you’ll just pay the difference in price with the license you currently have. ;)

About PayPal, it should be fine to have a single account. This article may help: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2905

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.