latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

2 payments – no recurring?

Home Forums Community Forum 2 payments – no recurring?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:58 am #16131
Adam Tal
Username: baduist

I’m charging a one-time fee for a membership site, and would like to offer a 2-payment option, where they pay half immediately, and half within 1 month, and the membership goes on forever.

I was able to do it before when using PayPal directly, by creating a subscription and stop the billing cycle after 2 months.

I can’t seem to find a way to do this with s2member (see list of options attached from the paypal button creation panel):

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Adam

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 6:16 am #16221

Hi Adam.

You can do that editing the subscription button’s rrt attribute. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rrt[/hilite]

rrt=”” Recurring Times ( i.e. a fixed number of installments ). Only valid w/ Membership Level Access. When unspecified, any recurring charges will remain ongoing until cancelled, or until payments start failing. If this is set to 1 or higher the regular recurring charges will only continue for X billing cycles, depending on what you specify. This is only valid when rr=”1″ for recurring “Subscriptions”. Please note that a fixed number of installments, also means a fixed period of access. If a Customer’s billing is monthly, and you set rrt=”3″, billing will continue for only 3 monthly installments. After that, billing would stop, and their access to the site would be revoked as well ( based on your EOT Behavior setting under: s2Member -> PayPal® Options ).

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:34 am #16246
Adam Tal

Cool thanks!

1. Should I fix this and then generate the shortcode or does it mean that I can’t use shortcodes?
2. Will s2member still allow users to login when the billing stops? (I want them to still be able to login)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 11:33 pm #16331

This particular attribute isn’t editable in the button generator’s interface, but you can generate the shortcode and then edit this manually without a problem.

s2Member will remove the access by default, but you can change this behavior from [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #16502
Adam Tal

Awesome.

Can you help me figure out the EOT thing? I noticed the choice is between delete & demote, how can I set it to “keep them as they are”?:)

Also would it be possible to set this up so people who finish the cycle (2 payments) get to stay, but people who don’t make the 2nd payment get thrown out?:)

Thanks,
Adam

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:08 am #16567

Can you help me figure out the EOT thing? I noticed the choice is between delete & demote, how can I set it to “keep them as they are”?:)

You’d disable the EOT behavior. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Also would it be possible to set this up so people who finish the cycle (2 payments) get to stay, but people who don’t make the 2nd payment get thrown out?:)

This isn’t possible yet, it’s one of the limitations in the current EOT system. I’ll ask Jason if there’s a hack possible for it.

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 5:45 am #16658
Adam Tal

Thanks so much, Cristián.

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:41 am #16664

No problem.

I heard back form Jason regarding hacking it, and this is what he said:

It’s not something that can be accomplished without introducing the possibility of new issues… The end result in the current release, won’t be one that’s as stable as it should be, with respect to this functionality. Too many structural limitations.

Instead he’ll be focusing on finishing the new s2Member, which won’t have this limitation, so it can be released soon.

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:21 am #16701
Adam Tal

Thanks man:)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 3:00 am #16830

No problem. :)

Let us know if you have other questions.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 12:57 pm #17286
Adam Tal

Just thought about this – is it possible to manually* change users to non-paying members so that after 2 months they keep their memberships?

(this way I can keep EOT on for the trouble makers ;)).

* highlighting manually here, as I don’t want them to be automatically demoted etc.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 4:44 pm #17293

Then you’d have to restrict the paid content at Level 0 instead of higher, so that those paying members can see it, but then the trouble-makers would be demoted to Level 0 and still have access too. :/

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:07 pm #17297
Adam Tal

I guess I can do that. Can I have a free membership level without allowing people to sign up for the free membership?

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #17301

Yes, you can.

Disable Open Registrations and only those who paid will be allowed to register. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #17302
Adam Tal

AWESOME. I love you. ;)

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #17307

lol

Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.