latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

3 issues / feature request

Home Forums Community Forum 3 issues / feature request

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 1:57 pm #14085

Hi folks,
So after setting up s2member for a client, we’re looking at using this module again on upcoming projects but there’s two issues here, especially the first, that are potential show stoppers.

The major issue is the what s2 handles profiles fields. Storing the data as a serialized string is a no-go for many reasons. One is for site searches. Another is migrating data from dev-to-live. The third is general manipulation of this data. Are you guys moving towards storing this data as db rows?

My clients don’t understand the “Automatic EOT Time” field and how its used. Can’t we simply this by calling it an “expiration date” and just go by date? I would guess that most customers don’t need an expiration time either. Simple is probably better here for most people.

Lastly, what’s the status of automatic renewal emails when or shortly before a membership expires? I understand this feature has been talked about but not implemented. Kinda important feature, eh?

Okay guys, keep up the good work. I got 3, 4 more potential installs in the next month and I’d prefer to use s2, especially if I know these issues are on the table to be fixed.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 10:04 pm #14129
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kristopher,

Here are my answers that I know, through reading the forums daily:

The major issue is the what s2 handles profiles fields. Storing the data as a serialized string is a no-go for many reasons. One is for site searches. Another is migrating data from dev-to-live. The third is general manipulation of this data. Are you guys moving towards storing this data as db rows?

I believe I’ve seen Cristián mention a couple of times, that they are gonna implement this into the database in the next major release of s2Member.

My clients don’t understand the “Automatic EOT Time” field and how its used. Can’t we simply this by calling it an “expiration date” and just go by date? I would guess that most customers don’t need an expiration time either. Simple is probably better here for most people.

I see your point here, I’ll forward this to Cristián and see if he can forward this to Jason (lead developer). ;)

Lastly, what’s the status of automatic renewal emails when or shortly before a membership expires? I understand this feature has been talked about but not implemented. Kinda important feature, eh?

You mean, like sending an email after a membership has expired? Or before the membership is about to expire? If it’s before it expires, then it is definitely coming in the next major release of s2Member.

Hope this answers your questions. :)

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 5:40 pm #14194

Sounds good! Thanks Eduan for following up. I’ll be curious to see when the “next major release” shows up on the radar.

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 10:38 am #14331
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad I was able to help Kristopher,

I can’t wait for that release either. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.