latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

404 Error for Protected .html files

Home Forums Community Forum 404 Error for Protected .html files

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #25600
Quoc Pham
Username: qkp

Hi there,

I have a WordPress website with premium pages protected by s2member’s “custom capabilities” feature.

Unfortunately, when these premium pages are viewed in IE 9.x, I occasionally get a “404 Page Not Found” error. However, when the page is “Refreshed,” the page is displayed properly and the “404” goes away.

I’m wondering if anybody has experienced this problem with protected pages before and/or have any idea of a workaround, so that users don’t have to manually refresh each time.

Thank you all very much in advance, and please let me know if I need to post anymore information regarding this issue.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 11:40 am #25699
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Quoc,

From what you describe, there really isn’t any way to fix this, this is very probably an error that can only be caused by IE, because of how it handles the data and stuff. :/

If you want to fix it, it really would involve a really lot of time of debugging, and just testing until IE likes the way it works. This can of course be a very big loss of time…

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #25851
Quoc Pham
Username: qkp

Thanks for your reply Eduan.

I was debugging like crazy over the past few days and your conclusion makes sense to me. It seems that IE has issues when trying to load large video files. And overall it indeed turn out to be a huge waste of time. Safari & Opera worked flawlessly.

The other possible thing I noticed too was that (could very likely) have something to do with the way WordPress handles frames. Both the variety and the “old school” style. The frames would load correctly about 50% of the time in IE. And the other times, you could manually refresh the individual frames and they would finally render properly.

In the end, I just decided to remove the frames (they were super convenient main menu frames) and just pasted the content at the top of each frame.

It makes it less convenient for the user to navigate since they have to scroll up each time but alas the combo of IE 9.x and/or WP forced my hand.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #25855
Eduan
Username: Eduan

OK, glad you got it working. Right now pretty much anything I develop, I don’t really take the time for it to work correctly with IE, it’s a huge loss of time debugging for IE.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.