latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

500 Server Error After Upgrade

Home Forums Community Forum 500 Server Error After Upgrade

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 5:15 pm #5060

Hi–

I’ve been evaluating the free version of s2member and generally like it a lot–to the point that I’m planning to purchase a paid version. I installed the latest update this morning and this afternoon I discovered that my site was down and giving a ‘500 Internal Server Error’. The support rep at Dreamhost sent the following response:

>>
Looks like there was an issue with your .htaccess:

[Tue Feb 14 11:50:31 2012] [alert] [client 12.248.40.138]
/home/da1prophet/anattasports.com/.htaccess: RewriteBase: argument is not
a valid URL
<<

I tried it again and the same thing happened. I downgraded to the previous version of s2member and now things are working fine. I saw a similar problem in the support forums so apparently I'm not the only one. Dreamhost runs several versions of Apache on their servers so I don't know specifically which one mine are on. I've been a customer forever so I could be on 1.3.37.

Please advise what the problem could be–I'd like to upgrade but I don't want to buy the full version until I'm sure this issue has been resolved. Since the previous version of s2member worked like a charm and I haven't done anything except upgrade that plug in I don't think it's 'operator error'

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 5:23 pm #5063

Saw the S2member support response in the other thread–the updated version is incompatable with older versions of Apache and requires 2.0+ or higher. I’ve contacted my webhost to see if an upgrade can be facilitated ;-)

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:57 am #5337

Cool. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.