latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

503 error only on linked log in page

Home Forums Community Forum 503 error only on linked log in page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 29th, 2013 at 5:13 pm #59990

I am having the strangest error on my site. The normal wp-admin log in page works fine, but the one that is linked to on the sales page to “Member’s home”, with the ?redirect_to=http://site.com/members is giving a
“503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.”

I logged in and can access the dashboard fine. I can also access the /members page no problem when clicking there after logged in, but the redirect is giving this error. Any thoughts? At the moment, I have to give a clunky work around to anyone who wants to log in to access their content.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 7:53 am #60056

Don’t know what could be causing it. I know it’s not an s2Member error…

Have you checked with your webhost?

Posted: Thursday Oct 3rd, 2013 at 5:38 am #60125

Just got back from the webhost. Their suggestion is to change the redirect link to

wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fspeakfromday1.com%2Fmembers

with the characters %3A %2F

I’m not sure why this works and using slashes and a colon doesn’t. So, quick question (since it’s been so long since I initially set up the site) – where can I make this change?

Posted: Tuesday Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:55 am #60215

Hello?? Can someone please help me with this?
I just need to know where I can make the link change. I’ve had this dead link on my homepage for ages now :(

Posted: Thursday Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:01 am #60271

Sorry, I missed the previous reply.

The reason why that may work over the other could be a server configuration thing, maybe for security reasons. The one they suggested has the variable’s value URL encoded. http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/

I see the Member’s Home link is in the footer. I’m not sure if it’s in your theme’s options or you used a widget.

Posted: Thursday Oct 10th, 2013 at 9:01 am #60273

Yes, you are right, it’s a theme thing. Sorry I presumed it was part of s2member in some way. Fixed it!

Thanks as always!

Posted: Thursday Oct 10th, 2013 at 7:22 pm #60278

No problem. I’m glad you sorted it out! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.