latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

70,000 users to import

Home Forums Community Forum 70,000 users to import

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 3:23 pm #36482
Jim Royal
Username: jimroyal

I’m in a bind: I have 70,000 users to import. S2Member has a limit of 100 items per import operation. That’s 700 imports to perform.

What options do i have to speed this up? There must be a better way.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Jim Royal.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 12:16 pm #36589
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jim,

This limit is setup for servers that do not have a lot of power or in case they have a low timeout amount of time.

I’m not sure myself how you would change this limit, but one thing to do in order to make this size limitation bigger is to make sure that your server will be able to handle that bigger amount.

So make sure that the amount of time a script has before timing out is pretty big, otherwise your server will cut the process before it can finish. And also make sure that your server will be able to handle that much activity from you. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:09 am #36685

That is not really an enforced limit, more like a suggested one. The import tool won’t stop you if you want to try adding a thousand. The risk you run is having memory or timout issues. Test things out and see how many your server can handle. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.