latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Questions before purchasing..

Home Forums Community Forum Questions before purchasing..

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 2:21 am #4548
discofuel
Username: discofuel

Hi,

I’m currently testing out the free version of the plugin with the view of purchasing the pro license as I need many subscription levels and I need to find out whether this plugin has the functionality I require:

1====
Is is possible to create a login form within a page and have it refresh the same page after the user has logged in so they can see the content?

I need the user to be presented with a “You must login to continue” message and a login form, then after they log in from that page it refreshes and they see the content.

I can’t see an option for this in the system and currently it first has to direct them to the login page, then redirects them to the default welcome page. So after logging in the user would have to navigate all the way back to the original page to see the content.

2====
In regards to Giving Members The Ability To Modify Their Own Subscription…

If a free user has previously registered and then wishes to upgrade to a paid subscription membership and additional Custom Registration/Profile Fields are required for that subscription level, is it possible for the user to then be prompted to fill out the additional custom fields before activating their membership?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  discofuel.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  discofuel.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 10:32 am #4629
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi,

1. Is is possible to create a login form within a page and have it refresh the same page after the user has logged in so they can see the content?

It’s possible to do this with just a little bit of code put into your Membership Options Page. s2Member already passes data into the Membership Options Page whenever a user is redirected that includes if it is a page or post, and the ID/slug of that page or post. It’s very simple to create a code snippet on this page that detects if the user was redirected, and can display a login form, which will redirect the user to the page they originated from.

We would be happy to help you from within the Customer Support Forums on this issue.

2. If a free user has previously registered and then wishes to upgrade to a paid subscription membership and additional Custom Registration/Profile Fields are required for that subscription level, is it possible for the user to then be prompted to fill out the additional custom fields before activating their membership?

With s2Member Pro, all of the data for membership is passed through the Payment Gateway, so after checkout, all the user needs to do is login. You will need to set up Pro Forms (available in the Pro version) which also allow for custom registration forms to be shown.

Hope that helps,

Bruce

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.