latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

A Question On Video and audio with S2?

Home Forums Community Forum A Question On Video and audio with S2?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #20700
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys,

Having run into a pretty big conflict between my theme and the plugin S3Flowshield which I currently use to serve video and audio securely on my site, I now find I need an alternative FAST!

Basically I serve video and audio files from Amazon S3 on my site via FlowPlayer right now.

The S3 URL is encrypted so that it can’t be copied and distributed from the page source, keeping the files safe.

I need an alternative to do this and wondered if S2member could do that.

The videos and audio don’t have to be tied to s2Member levels as such, just keep the video and audio secure on the page.

Access is given through S2 levels and also one off S2 access links that can be purchased to access a page.

Can S2 do this, and if so, how easy is it to set up and embed media in my posts/ pages.

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it!

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 5:24 pm #20711
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ross,

You might consider using JW Player in order to take advantage of this plugin that Philly made:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2member-video-shortcodes/

Not sure if it needs JW Player, pretty sure though, since he made this for a user that does use JW Player.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #20714
RossGrant

Cheers Eduan, looks great!

I’m just looking at the video tutorials Jason has done too.

So does JW Player and S2 support mp3 streaming too, and does the player adapt, to only show the control bar, rather than a blank video window?

Sorry for all of the questions, this looks very powerful indeed, and far better than my current set-up!

Ross :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:21 pm #20715
RossGrant

Also one more thing,

Can S2 embed videos and audio through JW Player that can be seen by people who aren’t logged in?

Effectively I give the option for people to purchase access links to pages even if they aren’t a member.

Can S2 still display JUST the streaming versions to these people?

I don’t want ANY member to have access to the download link, EVERYONE should only be able to stream!

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:14 pm #20718
RossGrant

Okay, I have got this to work with video no problem.

Changing the filepath to an mp3 doesn’t seem to work though, and I could also do with playing.mov too.

Is this possible? And is it possible to simply wrap the code in a simple S2Member conditional so that I can say which level it should be visible too?

If we could do that, this is perfect for what I need!

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:36 pm #20720

Hi Ross,

So does JW Player and S2 support mp3 streaming too, and does the player adapt, to only show the control bar, rather than a blank video window?

I think so I will look into it.

Can S2 embed videos and audio through JW Player that can be seen by people who aren’t logged in?
Effectively I give the option for people to purchase access links to pages even if they aren’t a member.
Can S2 still display JUST the streaming versions to these people?
I don’t want ANY member to have access to the download link, EVERYONE should only be able to stream!

Yes its possible I will add that option

and I could also do with playing.mov too

It’s possible but do browsers support this? Maybe with a plugin. Its not a format I would advise using but you could do it all the same or maybe offer that format as a download.

Is this possible? And is it possible to simply wrap the code in a simple S2Member conditional so that I can say which level it should be visible too?

Yes. Use:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)][s2videos][/s2If]
Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:43 pm #20722
RossGrant

Philly, thanks so much for your help!

.mov should be fine with JW Player from what I can see. I use it with flowplayer and it gets served up fine as it’s encoded as h.264

JW Player’s site says:

MP4 ( .mp4, .m4v, .f4v, .mov )

Files in the MP4 container format, containing video encoded with the H.264 codec and audio encoded with the AAC codec. This is today’s format of choice, supporting the best video quality and hardware accelerated playback on a wide range of browsers and devices:

Could you let me know about the mp3 audio option and also about showing videos to non-members that are accessing a paid access link.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:23 pm #20725
RossGrant

UPDATE:

Using .mp3 and .mov with your shortcodes works great!

The only things to tweak would be to only show the player controls for .mp3’s and also allow for videos to be stacked as shortcodes:

[s2videos html5=”true” download=”false” size=”1″ width=”600″ height=”360″ video1=”video.mov”]

[s2videos html5=”true” download=”false” size=”1″ width=”600″ height=”360″ video1=”video.mp4″]

AT the moment, only the top video shows if done like this on the same page.

Making videos viewable to logged out members and simply adding simple S2 conditionals to display them to other levels would also be great.

Great work so far, this should become a core part of the plugin fi Jason doesn’t have something like this already in the works!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.