latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

About forms, users and paypal

Home Forums Community Forum About forms, users and paypal

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Rogsahl 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 6:50 pm #38521
Rogsahl
Username: rogsahl

Hello
I have some questions. Im gonna build a site with 2 different levels lvl 1, where im gonna let people fill in name and email, then pay true papay to get access to the site.

For lvl 2 users need to to fill in their full name, email and also homeadress. The form that is generated true paypalpro forms, will the information users put in there, be saved to users in wp and s2, or does that information that just go to paypal?

If so…

If i want a form, that collect homeadress, areacodes, do i need to build those fields that is neede in “Custom Registration/Profile Fields” the fields i build in there, will be linked to the user who uses the form to registrate?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 7:31 pm #39019
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

For lvl 2 users need to to fill in their full name, email and also homeadress. The form that is generated true paypalpro forms, will the information users put in there, be saved to users in wp and s2, or does that information that just go to paypal?

Much of the information entered during registration/checkout is saved locally by s2Member® into your WordPress® installation. Not all of it though. For instance, billing information (including the billing address, credit card details) are not saved locally by s2Member® (this for security purposes). This information is stored securely by your payment gateway, and NOT by s2Member.

If i want a form, that collect homeadress, areacodes, do i need to build those fields that is neede in “Custom Registration/Profile Fields” the fields i build in there, will be linked to the user who uses the form to registrate?

Right. If you have fields you want to collect and store locally inside WordPress®, you will need to implement s2Member Registration/Profile Fields for those. Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Please let us know if any other questions/concerns :-)

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:19 am #39507
Rogsahl

Hi again
Thanks for the answer.

But something seems to be wrong, or im doing something very wrong. I have people filling in the form, with billingadress and so on

I can see the info in the userprofile.

But when i want to export the info. I just exports the default wordpressinformation, like usernamne and email.

is it not possible to export the customfields ive made to an csvfile?

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 2:01 am #39628
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Please post screenshots of your configuration here, and I will review this with you.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 6:40 am #39674
Rogsahl

Members can fill in the info, i can see it under the userpofile.
But when i want to export, the export just takes the defautl values for wp. name, email

is there a plugin where i can choose the custom-adressfields for en export to csv?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Rogsahl.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Rogsahl.
Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 2:40 am #39980
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I can confirm this does not occur in a default installation of WordPress® together with s2Member®. Tested today on a clean installation of WordPress® running no other plugins and a default WP theme. Running the latest versions of both WordPress® and s2Member®.

If problems persist, please setup a test installation and try to reproduce the issue there. If you can reproduce this on a clean installation of WordPress®, we’ll be happy to take a closer look for you. Please see this article for some clarification about the scope of our support services.

s2Member® » Support Policy

Also, please note that s2Member’s export file can sometimes be confusing to site owners, with respect to Custom Registration/Profile Fields. Reviewing this article about import files, will explain quite a bit about s2Member’s export files as well. s2Member’s exportation format follows the same format as it’s importation system does.

Please see: Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users

Understanding Custom Registration/Profile Fields In A CSV Import File
http://www.s2member.com/kb/importing-updating-users/#custom-registration-profile-fields

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:28 pm #40576
Rogsahl

Thank you
I wil look at this asap

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.