latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

About restriction and recurrent payment

Home Forums Community Forum About restriction and recurrent payment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 12:50 pm #13781

Hi!

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to not allow one country to register?
2. Can I create a “one time” membership, only aviable on access one specifc date?

I want to sell a online lecture, and be only accessible for the people who pay the membership. I don’t use an event manager, because I haven’t found a tool that can integrate restrictions in wordpress, and S2Members seems a very good tool for filtering that.

So, this is what I want: People pay “as a product”. Then they log on Lecture page the day of the event and then, if I have another event, people can’t access to the lecture page, unless they have pay that specific event.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 5:08 pm #13807
Candy Me
Username: candy

to option 1 > I am using a plugin which lets you block access to your site for specific countries

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/iq-block-country/

so users in that country will simply not have any kind of access to your site :)

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 7:11 am #13864

1. Is it possible to not allow one country to register?
2. Can I create a “one time” membership, only aviable on access one specifc date?

Hi Ben.

s2Member doesn’t have a feature to limit registrations to a single country.

To achieve the lecture one, you could sell it as a custom capability that gives access to a particular page protected with that custom capability. Then, inside that page, use a conditional that’ll only show the content on that particular date, with a different message before or after the date.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Candy, thanks for the tip!

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 12:16 pm #13884

Hi! Thanks.

I think I will do this:

1. Pay for Level 1, life-time.
2. Let the post with a specific message of the lecture once paid.
3. The day of the lecture I will add the streaming embed code and their respect content.
4. Once finished, I will do a bulk action of downgrading the level of membership.

Is it another option?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 9:47 pm #13944

Yeah, I think that could work too.

To downgrade everyone in bulk, just go to your Users list, filter by the s2Member role you sold them (there are links at the top of the list), select them all and change the role to Subscriber in bulk.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.