latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

access levels management

Home Forums Community Forum access levels management

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 7:42 am #55280
Damian Jones
Username: aegis

I have a new membership. I am trying to make sure I have everything covered, but I am not sure I have it right.

Level 0 is going to be for people who purchase with a buy now button, they will get a single digital product, without a recurring product. If they get Level 1, that will be for a club, where they get a custom one every single month.

So say they purchase level 1 for say 9.95 per month, so now there is a paypal subscription for level 1.
Now they decide to upgrade to level 2 and add another digital product per month, how do I upgrade the subscription?

Is there a way to replace the current one? or would it be better to do all of this with Custom Capabilities?

If so, then, if a subscription is created and it adds a ccap, if they cancel it, does it remove that ccap, and leave the other? For example, say I set everything on level 1, any recurring purchase, they get level 1, the single one, they get level 0 only. So now say they have level1_product1 and level1_product2 ccap, both of which have a monthly subscription to paypal, one for say 9.95 (product1) and one for 14.95(product2)…

Now they cancel product2 will it remove that one from the ccap and leave product1?
then if they cancel product1 remove that ccap and leave any others that maybe there and if none, remove that one even if it is the last one?

Thanks,
Richard

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:45 pm #55382

Level 0 is the free level, it’s the one users are demoted to on EOT. If you need to sell access to someone that’ll remain at Level 0, you could do it with ccaps. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons[/hilite]

Custom capabilities can’t be sold as subscriptions yet, just buy-now. Levels are the ones that you’d sell for subscriptions. You can include ccaps when selling a level, though.

You can sell a Level 1 to Level 2 upgrade with a modification button (or pro-form if you’re using those). Video » s2Member (Modification/Cancellation Buttons)

It’d be a change from one subscription to another, not two separate subscriptions. s2Member doesn’t handle multiple subscriptions yet.

When a subscription is cancelled, it doesn’t downgrade to the previous level they had, all demotions are done to Level 0 by the EOT engine. Ccaps can be left and not removed, there’s a setting for that. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Does that clarify a bit how it works? I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.