latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Access To Dripped Content Prior to Confirming

Home Forums Community Forum Access To Dripped Content Prior to Confirming

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 3:30 am #22051
Vanessa Kelly
Username: taLus

Currently, new members are able to access their dripped content PRIOR to confirming aWeber’s double opt-in “Confirm Your Subscription” email. I have experienced this issue while testing both the s2Member email parser and the PayPal email parser in aWeber.

My next thought was that I might circumvent the issue entirely by requiring only a single opt-in. However, despite disabling the double opt-in option for my aWeber list, and disabling the double opt-in box in s2Member, the “Confirm Your Subscription” email from aWeber is still being sent.

The way things currently behave on my site, I am concerned that members will get access to their initial content and never confirm the double opt-in at all, thus never being notified by aWeber when additional content is available for viewing, and prompting complaints.

Is there a workaround?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:42 am #22080

Hi Vanessa.

I’m afraid that AWeber doesn’t notify s2Member whether the user confirmed his subscription or not…

One way you could do it, with a little hack, would be to have AWeber, after confirmation, send the person to a page in your site that will have some code save for that user a value in the usermeta table, with the date the person confirmed his subscription. Then your drips would check the date in that usermeta field to deliver the content drips.

If this is something you don’t know how to do, you can post a job at jobs.wordpress.net to get a freelancer to do it for you.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.