latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Access to Multiple "Groups" of Content

Home Forums Community Forum Access to Multiple "Groups" of Content

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 8:42 pm #54416

Hello,

I’m trying to decide which membership software to buy. I need to know if your plugin supports what I want to do. First of all, most of my subscriptions (except one or two) will be free. Now for my particular situation:

I have the following “Groups”: Advisors, Donors, Organizers, Staff.

An Advisor could also be a Donor. A Donor could also be an Organizer. Staff Members would need to access all content (but then they would be and Editor from a WP role perspective)

Also, some Donors may also be Board Members, so they would need get access to additional content while they were on the Board. After their term was over, they would stop getting access.

Advisors may choose pay for access to some additional content.

Does your system support this?

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 11:33 pm #54444
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member is capable of this with Custom Capabilities. Custom Capabilities allow you to protect groups of Posts/Pages, and you can mix and match them to give access to some, or all of your content.

The reason you’ll need to use Custom Capabilities is because s2Member’s regular Membership Levels are incremental, meaning that someone at s2Member Level 3 would have access to all of the content at s2Member Levels 0, 1, and 2.

Because you want to have only some types of Users to see certain content, Custom Capabilities are the best option for you.

For advanced information on this, you can check out this part of your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

or this video here at s2Member.com:

Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.