latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Access to ONLY a few pages

Home Forums Community Forum Access to ONLY a few pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 12:30 pm #48657

Hi, I need some help. I have clients in the website that have access to ALL the site. Now, I need to add some users that ONLY have to be able to access some areas of the site.

The problem is that the site has buddypress and several groups. So, I need these new customers to have acces to ONLY 2 pages, to a group of posts, and to ONLY 1 group of the buddypress groups.

I will use 2 levels to acomplish this and using the URI and post/pages restriction options.

But, it means that I will have to list ALL the URIs of the site in the level 2 except those 2 or 3. The same with the pages and posts, I will have to lins ALL the posts and pages in level 2 but those 2 or 3. probably I wont list all of them.

So, How can I program the following?: “Level 3 all site, Level 2 can access all the site except URI /example/, Level 1 can ONLY access 2 pages, 2 posts, and 1 group of buddypress.”

thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 3:19 am #48778
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

So, How can I program the following?: “Level 3 all site, Level 2 can access all the site except URI /example/, Level 1 can ONLY access 2 pages, 2 posts, and 1 group of buddypress.”

s2Member doesn’t currently support this functionality, instead it’s the other way around. Unfortunately you’ll have to protect all your content separately to achieve this. URI Restrictions could be useful for you here, though.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.