latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Access User Passwords

Home Forums Community Forum Access User Passwords

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 9:49 am #19254

Hi Guys,

We need to be able to view what our users passwords are in order to create a matching account in another system. What’s the best way to do that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:43 pm #19259
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Chris,

I’m afraid in order to see the user’s passwords would require you to hack WordPress, not s2Member.

And the passwords are encrypted for security, so you will have to un-encrypt it, and that would cause security risks.

The best way you can do this is grabbing it before the form is submitted at registration.

Just remember that anyone that has access to your website’s back end will be able to know the user’s password.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 7:07 am #19292

And the passwords are encrypted for security, so you will have to un-encrypt it, and that would cause security risks.

Actually, I think they can’t be unencrypted. That’s why the lost password tool will generate a new one instead and send it by email to the user.

I agree that this is a WordPress question, since this is handled by WP, not s2Member at all. I don’t know if you can get the existing user’s password in one site to use in another.

Like Eduán said, you can try getting it on registration and sending it to the other site to create his account there. You can probably use the Registration Notification in your first site, and the Remote Operations API in the other.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.