latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Activate Membership

Home Forums Community Forum Activate Membership

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:02 pm #10617
Ben Rowley
Username: NBM

We will need to import subscribers manually. Is there a way to to give them an activation code, where they can input that code to create their username and password and activate their membership.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 12th, 2012 at 5:35 am #10637

Hi Ben.

s2Member Pro has a tool to import users, but it’ll create the accounts for them. I’m a bit confused because you ask how to create the account for them, but want them to then give the username and password, which are required to create the account in the first place.

I think the best would be to have them create the accounts and then you review them. If you have premium content, then protect it at Level 1, free users won’t see it because they’d be Level 0. Then, when you review the free users, you can upgrade them from their profile to Level 1 and they’d get access to that content.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #10757
Ben Rowley
Username: NBM

What we have is a print magazine where not all the subscribers use our website features. But we would like to create a way for them to activate their account if and when they decided to access their web features.

I guess we could just send them a username and password.

In our current system, we provide them with an activation code (UTRACK number).

Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:17 am #10787

I see what you mean. Yes, you could create the account for the person, import the users using the import tool and enter a unique password for each user and email them their login info.

Another option is to leave the password field blank and point them to the lost password page so they “recover” it having the system generate a new one that’ll be sent to their email address.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.