latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add bbPress Forum Role to all members

Home Forums Community Forum Add bbPress Forum Role to all members

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Debbie Campbell 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 4:03 pm #50962

In my site I have bbPress’ default role set to Participant, but need to apply it to the 2000+ users I imported into s2Member.

In this thread:

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/fix-for-users-of-s2member-and-bbpress-2-2/

I found this snippet, which I added to functions.php, but I think this is only for new users:

function my_bbPress_role_map($role_map){
	$role_map['administrator'] = bbp_get_keymaster_role();
	$role_map['s2member_level1'] = bbp_get_participant_role();
	$role_map['s2member_level2'] = bbp_get_participant_role();
	$role_map['s2member_level3'] = bbp_get_participant_role();
	$role_map['s2member_level4'] = bbp_get_participant_role();
	return $role_map;
}
add_filter('bbp_get_user_role_map','my_bbPress_role_map');

How do I give my existing users (who now show -No role for these forums- the Participant role? Without having to do it manually?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8:01 am #51029
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

How do I give my existing users (who now show -No role for these forums- the Participant role? Without having to do it manually?

You can add the bbPress participant capability to your s2Member Levels with the button here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Integrations -› bbPress®

This updates your roles to work with bbPress. Have you already done this?

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 10:42 am #51052

I just did this, but it didn’t change anything – the Forum Role for my s2Members users (when I look at their profile) is still -No role for these forums-.

If I look at the capabilities, they do correctly show Participate and Spectate for s2Member levels 1-4, but it didn’t affect the existing users.

Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 6:32 am #51126
Bruce
Staff Member

If I look at the capabilities, they do correctly show Participate and Spectate for s2Member levels 1-4, but it didn’t affect the existing users.

I see. You might try deactivating then reactivating bbPress then. Past that I’m not really sure what might help here, if that doesn’t help I’ll ask Jason (Lead Developer) what might cause this.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 5:44 pm #51241

Unfortunately that didn’t help – I deactivated and then reactivated bbPress, but -No role for these forums- is still listed on profiles for all existing users.

Will this prevent them from posting in the forums the first time? If it doesn’t, then I’m okay with leaving this as is. But if it does, it’s critical that I get this changed…

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:16 am #51297
Bruce
Staff Member

Will this prevent them from posting in the forums the first time? If it doesn’t, then I’m okay with leaving this as is. But if it does, it’s critical that I get this changed…

I’m unsure. I would say that this is a definite possibility. I would recommend testing this.

I’m contacting Jason (Lead Developer) about his thoughts on this issue.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:20 am #51299
Bruce
Staff Member

In addition, would you mind sending us a Dashboard and FTP login so that Jason can take a look at your Dashboard if needed? You can send that Privately here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let us know when you do that.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 10:25 am #51325

I just submitted the Private contact form with ftp and dashboard access info.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 10:31 am #51326

Just as a test, I took a member that had a role of -No role for these forums- and I was able to post in the forum. When I logged back in as Admin their forum role had been changed to Participant. So maybe it’s not an issue? I’d still like for someone to take a look at it though.

Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 5:55 am #51473
Bruce
Staff Member

Just as a test, I took a member that had a role of -No role for these forums- and I was able to post in the forum. When I logged back in as Admin their forum role had been changed to Participant. So maybe it’s not an issue? I’d still like for someone to take a look at it though.

Thanks for the info. Waiting on Jason to give some information on this.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:34 pm #51839

Hi.

Any further input on this issue – the site’s getting close to launch and I want to make sure all is okay with the forum roles.

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:37 am #51869
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I’ve run some testing, and it appears that the reason this is happening is only to do with the fact that these members haven’t done anything in your forums yet. I just tested this myself and I was able to work with it flawlessly, but I did notice this issue as well. I will mention this to Jason. I haven’t heard back from him yet, but at this point I think you should be good-to-go for now. If Jason gets back to me with a possible fix I’ll let you know, but I believe this is mostly just a visual bug.

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:54 am #51888

Awesome, thanks very much for looking into it!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.