latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add user to mailchimp list using custom field

Home Forums Community Forum Add user to mailchimp list using custom field

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  o2xav 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 5:50 am #53677
o2xav
Username: o2Xav

Hi,

I am looking for some directions on how to customize my s2-member => mailchimp integration.

I have added some “Custom Registration/Profile Fields:” check-boxes to the registration process in the s2-member back-end. Checkboxes that enable users to choose between different groups.

I have created in mailchimp different lists corresponding to the different groups.

What i would like is when a user checks a box in the registration form, and subscribes, the user is automatically added to the corresponding mailchimp list.
I figured i could add a user to different mailchimp lists corresponding to the subscription level (1,2,3,4), that is already included in the s2-member back-end. But i am only using one subscription level.

Any directions, ideas, on how to achieve this “hack” is welcome, and i guess it’s not that complicated using the /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php capability,

I chose mailchimp because i figured it would be the easyest way to achieve this, but i also use the wysija WP-plugin

thank you in advance

Xavier

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 7:33 am #53722
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 6:25 pm #54412
o2xav

Thank you, right now i’m trying to figure out how to sync interest groups with these S2member custom fields check boxes

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 7:37 pm #55591
o2xav

Hi,

I’ve been trying for days to understand things, and trying to achieve what i need to do.
Now i’m back at the start because i dont even know anymore if mailchimp is the best way to achieve this.

Now that i have S2member, and users are registering and checking boxes in the process, so i have these users, with custom fields (g01, g02, g03…/…g13), each field the user checked contains a “1”.

All i need is to be able to send emails to specific users, in example i want to send a mail to all the G01 people, or send a mail to the G13 people.
I tried different plugins like “email users”, but with no success.

Unfortunately i cannot hire a developer for now because i spent all the available funds to buy this plugin and another two.

What i need to do is pretty simple, and i’m sure one of you will have some hint for me,
any help appreciated

please help

Regards

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.