latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Adding my voice: Stripe integration

Home Forums Community Forum Adding my voice: Stripe integration

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Rob R 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 26th, 2013 at 9:10 pm #60652
Rob R
Username: RobR

I would like to add my voice to the chorus already on the forums and elsewhere requesting stripe payment integration.

I know this has been discussed here since 2012 and that when you do release it, it will make a lot of your current customers happy and get you a lot of new customers.

If anyone has already figured this out and has a work-around, I am more than willing to share costs you incurred in the development. Please contact me.

To s2member team, please kindly listen to your customers :)

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 7:27 pm #60698
Scott
Username: scott21

I think the chorus would be a lot louder if people knew how much better and cheaper Stripe is than PayPal Pro with the Recurring Payments add-on. PayPal’s total fees are $60/month in addition to the per-transaction fees. Stripe is FREE for all the same functionality, and the per-transaction fees are about the same.

In other words, using Stripe instead of PayPal Pro/Recurring would produce an annual savings of $720, and you can still use PayPal subscription buttons for free if you have members who prefer PayPal. With savings like that, I’d happily pay a premium for an S2member/Stripe plugin, in addition to the S2member Pro fee.

When you need to do payments, cancellations, or refunds manually, the user interface on Stripe.com is WAY faster and easier to use than the one on PayPal.com. That’s because Stripe was created for developers, by developers, who understand good user interface design.

The only downside is that Stripe is only available to US-based merchants. (Correction: They’ve added support for merchants in Canada, UK, and Ireland, and they are adding more!) But merchants in those countries can accept credit card or debit card payments from anywhere in the world.

Jason, you might want to survey S2member Pro users to gauge their interest in Stripe integration, as well as their willingness to pay a premium for it. I certainly would.

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 10:12 pm #60703
Rob R
Username: RobR

The chorus is deafening actually… the thing is that no one at s2member seems to be paying attention – other than vague promises of future releases. This is bar none the single most requested feature and the one that would have the most effect on people running membership sites!

Yes, stripe is cheaper. Not only that, it is simply *better*. There are many who hate paypal and refuse to use it either as sellers or buyers. Stripes UI is cleaner and much better as well – look how gorgeous this form looks. There are so many factors.

I really don’t know how else to politely inform s2member that this needs to be done yesterday. They could even increase the premium price by $10-20 and people would be happy to pay for it if it meant stripe integration. Heck, if they released it as a standalone module which cost an extra $50 it would pay for itself in a few months!

I am baffled why this issue has been ignored for so long in the face of unrelenting customer requests:

http://www.s2member.com/search/?q=stripe

and from a developer’s point of view, stripe is well documented and a delight to work with, in contrast with paypal…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Rob R.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.