latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Adding user roles to an S2Member level

Home Forums Community Forum Adding user roles to an S2Member level

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 3:13 pm #46291
myrna
Username: myrna

I had started an earlier topic, and after considerable trouble-shooting I have found that my problem is completely different, hence the new topic. I am using the plugin “User Role Editor”. What I am trying to do is take a user, for example an S2Member Level 3, and add a custom user role, for example “Polls-Manager” (to add polls to the site). In my profile screen I can scroll down to User Role Editor and add additional roles, so I do that, and update. Now my user can manage polls — but can no longer access restricted pages. Any idea why? I have found a “fix”, so to speak — if I go into S2Member and reset the roles/capabilities — my user keeps the Polls Manager capability and can now access restricted pages. I don’t mind doing this, but it’s going to be an issue for my less-computer-literate clients, and I don’t know if resetting causes ongoing problems. Perhaps “User Role Editor” was not the best choice? If not, do you recommend something that is known to be compatible with S2Member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:18 pm #46434
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Myrna,

The user role editor shouldn’t cause this kind of problems. If the role s2member-level1 (or whatever it may be) still remains, and isn’t deleted, it shouldn’t cause any problems at all.

You just need to give the users that role along with the s2Member role.

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.