latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Admin Approval of Registration?

Home Forums Community Forum Admin Approval of Registration?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  J H 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 12th, 2012 at 10:50 pm #4923
J H
Username: jhap

Is it possible to require Admin Approval of member registrations?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 9:46 pm #4979
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I don’t know of any.

I think the idea of the membership levels is to help prevent having to approve registrations.

I’m sure it could be custom coded but I’ve never dealt with it myself.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:26 pm #5301
J H

That would work if I were charging for memberships. But I am not using that side of it.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:47 pm #5307
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

How are your memberships set up?

Reason I ask is because if you receive an e-mail everytime someone joins (like normal) then you could set your registration to open and everyone joins at level 0.

Then you could “approve” them by manually upgrading them to whatever s2member level you want.. plus, you can set an EOT (End of Term) for each user individually. ( I assume this works for non-paying member’s subscriptions).

Might be a little more work than you wanted but it keeps from having to hack the code.

Dave

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:09 am #5309
J H

Basically, I have members set at level 0, and non members can only see the members page, because I’d like for non members to be able to search for members by First & Last Name, City, and State. (Haven’t quite figured out how to add the search function though). Any idea of how to do that?

I think what you suggest will have to work for now – thanks!

Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 4:35 pm #5662
J H

Incase anyone else is wondering, I got this working using a plugin called WP-Approver User.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.