latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Admin Area

Home Forums Community Forum Admin Area

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 7:25 am #42023

In s2Members -> General Option -> Member Profile Modifications, I have set to redirect members away from the Default Profile Panel to Yes (redirect to Login Welcome Page; Locking all/wp-admin/ areas).

As a result, I (as an administrator) is also locked out of the wp-admin area. If there any way to allow me access to the wp-admin area while keeping all the members away?

Note: i can access the admin area if I login through the wordpress login page but not the s2members login page. Please see my right sidebar for reference http://www.excel-course.com/

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 10:18 pm #42223
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jason,

s2Member does not provide any custom login page. Users (admin users as well) still have to login through the WordPress login page (http://www.excel-course.com/wp-login.php).

So I’m not sure what your problem is… It might be that you misunderstood this restriction.

To make sure, this restriction ONLY restricts the profile edits, it does NOT restrict anything else from the admin areas, that is done automatically by WordPress after all.

I’ll ask Jason to see if he could clarify this in the option text. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 3:32 pm #42323
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Here’s what Jason answered:

Actually that setting DOES restrict all areas of the admin panel, as an added layer of security. So while WordPress® will already restrict most administrative areas, enabling this option will redirect people away from the profile editing pages and over to their Login Welcome Page instead. The same redirection occurs anytime a User/Member attempts to access any URL that is administrative — regardless of what they attempt to access in the admin panel.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:37 pm #42382

Hi Eduan,

So is there any solution to allow those with administrator rights to access the admin panel?

Thanks and best regards,
Jason.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:43 pm #42383
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

As a result, I (as an administrator) is also locked out of the wp-admin area. If there any way to allow me access to the wp-admin area while keeping all the members away?

If you are being redirected, it’s because you’re not actually a true Administrator of the site. Every true Administrator has the ability to edit_posts and install_plugins in WordPress® (among other things). If you don’t have the ability to edit_posts; s2Member will redirect you.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
See also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities

If problems persist, please post a Dashboard login with full Administrative access and we’ll run diagnostics for you. Also, please include the Username that you attempt to log into the site with when this occurs.

Privately, please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.