latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Admin without access ?

Home Forums Community Forum Admin without access ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 11:05 am #30243

I assume that as an administrator in wordpress I will have access over all levels in s2member

However when I try to view a page that I have locked to level 1 it redirects me as the admin to the membership option page,

I have tested this with a new account and changed the role to level 1 and it works great but still want to be able to view the pages that I am building as an admin .

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 9:36 pm #33070
buki
Username: csaba.bukszegi

Hi!

If do restrictions with shortcode or php, never forget to add the admin rights.
Example shortcode:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1) AND current_user_is(administrator)]
content
[/s2If]

If You use restrictions from page editor’s widget of s2member, then admin have to access that page from the site side.

Regards
Buki

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:16 am #33111
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Yes that is a workaround Buki, but only if he’s using s2Member conditionals to start with.

I’m not sure why that would happen Steve, but it is strange behavior, if you are an admin user, with admin rights, then s2Member won’t protect anything to you, unless you’re using conditionals, at which point it will follow them to the letter.

– Eduan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.