latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Admins assigned to manage specific membership

Home Forums Community Forum Admins assigned to manage specific membership

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:12 am #45343
Rena Hearn
Username: renahearn

I am going to be sharing my site with other partners. Each partner has their own subscribers, but these subscribers can all access the same content. What I need is for certain Editors, I guess that is the level they would need, to be able to manage only their membership level.

How do I do that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 2:42 am #45451

Hi Rena.

s2Member doesn’t deal with the admin side of WordPress, only content access on the front side.

Jason wrote an article that may help you, though: Knowledge Base » Creating A "User Manager" Role

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 9:16 am #45478
Rena Hearn

Since posting this question, I did some reading and educated myself a little more. I am sorry to post questions that I am sure you are tired of answering. There is just a lot to read through. :)

Now that I understand better let me ask this…

If my partners purchased s2m also, can the two copies of s2m talk to each other, so that when someone subscribers through my site (because I handle paypal, etc.) can my s2m send a notice to their s2m and enter the subscriber in their site under the membership level we choose?

Let me explain more at what I am doing.

I am looking at allowing others to use my software (not s2m, a custom that I run) to allow them to have a small home business like mine. In exchange I get a portion of their sales…using my affiliate software. So, new subscribers would need to subscribe from my site, but I need their info to transfer to their site so that their subscribers can login from their site.

Is that clear as mud? haha

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 9:26 am #45480

I think I understand. See if these help:

Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 9:30 am #45482
Rena Hearn

I understand that I can create a customized api to send the info, what I don’t know how to do is set the 2nd s2m to receive the info and process it. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 9:43 am #45486

Create a hack in your 2nd WP with s2Member to receive a notification from the 1st, and create the user with the Remote Ops API. Read those two I pointed to above. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.