latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Advanced Notification setting – iDev question

Home Forums Community Forum Advanced Notification setting – iDev question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 8:21 am #53764
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Sorry about posting this again Cristian, my original topic got closed as there was no reply within 2 weeks.

I’m basically after an answer to a little detail in the notification URL’s used in an advanced setup of iDev.

I’m not getting recurring commissions happening successfully and I think it’s because I never used to record customers IP through the simple tracking method.

I have read the KB article here:

http://www.s2member.com/kb/idev-s2-commission-tracking/

and it’s pretty straight forward.

The only thing I’m not sure about is if I have to replace the ‘xxx’ in the following URL with a number from my iDev install.

If so, I can’t find anything in my installation to replace the ‘xxx’.

The payment notification URL in the article looks like this:

http://www.example.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=xxx&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%item_name%%&idev_option_2=%%subscr_id%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

You see the profile=xxx section at the start.

I’m not sure if you leave that, or replace it, that’s all.

The rest looks straight forward and I guess I can just copy and paste it in.

If Jason could clarify this for me, it would be awesome!

Hope you guys are well!

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 3:56 am #53844
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

And thanks for your patience with us over the weekend.

If so, I can’t find anything in my installation to replace the ‘xxx’.

This is the Profile ID associated with the integration in iDevAffiliate. You should be able to get this when you generate the cURL tracking pixel. Are you not seeing that number?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:26 pm #54002
RossGrant

Hey Bruce,

No, unfortunately not I don’t think.

I see just the example Curl tracking pixel code like in the KB article that Jason did.

The page just simply gives me the example call:

<?PHP
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.mysite.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?idev_saleamt=99.99&idev_ordernum=abc-123&ip_address=111.111.111.11");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
?>

I don’t see any unique number anywhere. Should I be generating this somehow?

Sorry if I’m just being really stupid here – I thought i was pretty savvy with this! Haha!

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 8:58 pm #54186
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience. I contacted Jason about this.

I’m seeing conflicting information from iDevAffiliate on this. The URL that they provide in this section of the Dashboard is different than the documentation PDF at iDevAffiliate. There should clearly be a Profile ID associated with this but I’m not seeing where it is myself, either. I’ll see what Jason has to say about this.

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 4:09 am #54203
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I got word back on this from Jason. Apparently the integration for this no longer requires this profile variable. We’ve updated the Knowledge Base Article to reflect this.

See: Knowledge Base » iDevAffiliate® (s2 Commission Tracking)

So just use the URL you have without the profile variable. Let me know if that works. :-)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 6:49 pm #55328
RossGrant

Cheers Bruce, have made the relevant changes, will now wait and see if it all works!

Will let you guys know. Give my regards to Jason and thanks again! :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 4:30 am #55399
Bruce
Staff Member

Cheers Bruce, have made the relevant changes, will now wait and see if it all works!

Cool. If that doesn’t work we’ll need to contact iDevAffiliate about this. So let us know! :-)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.