latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Affiliate tracking questions

Home Forums Community Forum Affiliate tracking questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 12:36 am #34325

Hello,

I have my membership site all setup with a Free Membership (level 0).

I want to started adding some premium content (level 1+) and then market the site via affiliate networks (ClickBank, etc).

The way I want it setup is a “Free-mium” model. So users sign up for free, and then they can upgrade for premium content afterwards.

So my question is this; if an affiliate sends someone to my site and they signup for a free membership, and later on that user buys a paid subscription, will the affiliate still get credited for the sale?

How long will it ‘remember’ which affiliate sent which user? Ideally I’d like it to be forever.

Thanks,
Ben

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #34408
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

So my question is this; if an affiliate sends someone to my site and they signup for a free membership, and later on that user buys a paid subscription, will the affiliate still get credited for the sale?

How long will it ‘remember’ which affiliate sent which user? Ideally I’d like it to be forever.

The duration of the cookie really depends on the affiliate software. Some software will save the cookie for a long time, and some just until the browser closes.

You may want to set up some custom code to handle this. Try saving the referral ID to a custom field when the user signs up free.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.