latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

After simple shortcode-unlock excerpts of SE

Home Forums Community Forum After simple shortcode-unlock excerpts of SE

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:08 pm #53069

I’m not a programmers but I’ve managed to configure most of the S2Member components … I’m only using the Free Registration level to capture email addresses that are uploaded to aweber (list building). However I’m mindful that, in locking down most of my categories my SE ranking will drop (read previous articles on this site stating just that). Therefore rather than locking down categories I want to add a simple cost in my posts that allows everyone including new visitors and search engines to access a portion of my posts but be prompt to register to read further.

I’m assuming here this will be the solution. If there is a better way, I’m all ears!!!

PS: I’m a paid-up member – just purchased the full plugin but I just can’t seem to get anyone to help me on the S2Member site. Hmmmmmmmm

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:10 am #53148
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’m very sorry for the delay in response. Thank you very much for your patience with us over the weekend.

Therefore rather than locking down categories I want to add a simple cost in my posts that allows everyone including new visitors and search engines to access a portion of my posts but be prompt to register to read further.

You can accomplish this using Shortcode Conditionals.

See: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

What you’d do is instead of protecting your Categories/Posts directly with s2Member, the Posts that a User needs to be registered on would have something like this at the top:

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
// The snippet/preview of the post

// And the message that the User needs to register to see the rest of the Post
[/s2If]
[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
// The whole page's content
[/s2If]
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.