latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

All Content Protected – EVEN the Un-Protected

Home Forums Community Forum All Content Protected – EVEN the Un-Protected

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  lgb 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 5:58 am #12445

I have S2members installed along side Gravity Forms / memberships. My problem is that I want to leave some content posts open for non-registered visitors. Currently ALL Posts are protected.

Is this a known bug / problem?

Thanks in advance
Steve

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 10th, 2012 at 5:19 am #13132

How can I unprotect FREE Content on my website?

All content posts seem to be protected to at least basic membership even if I don’t protect it….

This is REALLY anoying for my site visitors.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Posted: Thursday May 10th, 2012 at 11:58 am #13152

Hi Steve,

I don’t know about gravity forms so maybe there is an issue there. Maybe testing s2member with that plugin deactivated could give you a better idea whether it is s2member of gravity form
What I do know about s2member is that I can have both protected AND unprotected posts on my site.
The UNprotected posts don’t have any s2 setting. The protected posts have a minimum of level 1 restrictions set.
These settings can be set by the dropdown box on the righth site when you edit a post/page. (Page oir post level restrictions)

HTH

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 7:11 pm #13228
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Steve,
as Boudewijn, the minimum level of protection is level 0.

Also, I would check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions, and make sure it’s not protecting something that’s too global.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 7:49 am #41399
lgb
Username: lgb

Did you ever fix this? I have the same problem too :(

For my non members category, all posts prior to installing s2member appear. Any posts I make in that category now doesn’t appear to public visitors. The content is not protected – public visitors can access it via direct link, but the post doesn’t appear in the category page.

I’ve narrowed it down to Alternate View Protection. When I turn the settings on, it’s not only protecting members content, but also any new content

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.