latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Allow Free Membership IF Terms are agreed

Home Forums Community Forum Allow Free Membership IF Terms are agreed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 9:44 am #50745
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

I would like to offer free registration to one of my sites, but not unconditionally. If I use the PayPal Pro free membership form, anyone can join by simply completing that registration process. It works great, and all of my preliminary tests have been successful, but I need one minor addition to that form.

I need a checkbox next to a statement that requires the user to agree to the current terms of service to appear in the form, and when that checkbox is not checked, the Captcha and Complete Registration Submit Form button to not appear (or be faded out and unavailable).

Has someone else already done this? If so, what did you do to accomplish it?

If not, can someone please offer leads or useful keywords I can use when searching the s2Member API Scripting?

Thanks,
Buck

p.s. In hindsight, I must ask if this is as simple as creating a custom registration field with an “accept terms” statement as Field Type Checkbox, and making it required?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Buck. Reason: added p.s

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 4:24 am #50801

You could have a custom profile field to accept the terms and require it, but that won’t change the form from paid to free, though, if that’s what you want (I’m not completely sure I understood that part).

You can also customize a pro-form, including having your own fields even if not created with s2Member. http://www.s2member.com/kb/pro-forms/#custom-data-w-pro-forms

And you can create a hack with your own server-side validation for fields. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registering-without-required-fields/#post-10707

I hope those help in some way.

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 10:52 am #50839
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

That is helpful, thank you.

Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 2:10 am #50910

Great. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.