latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Allowing a member to renew their account

Home Forums Community Forum Allowing a member to renew their account

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:26 pm #16738

Does the “One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)” allow the member to renew their membership from within their account once the first year has expired? I would like for my members to be able to have that capability.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:00 am #16846

Anne Marie, if you’re using Buy Now buttons, not Subscriptions, then the user can even pay you before the year expires and s2Member would add that time after the time he still has left. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions[/hilite]

For that, make sure that you’re not selling subscriptions without initial period, because that won’t work with subscriptions. Could you post the shortcode you’re using?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 2:23 am #16971

Hi Cristián:

I’m new to S2Member, have been watching the videos, and just want to understand how things work as much as I can before attempting to link all the pieces together. I’ll be following your suggestions. I’m sure I’ll have more questions, but thank you for now! :-)

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:13 am #17080

No problem! Let us know if you have any. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 4:55 pm #17256

Hi Cristián:

I just wanted to confirm that I’m going to need to get an SSL certificate installed on the website in order to provide secure membership signup, correct? Or is security already provided in S2Member?

Also, I’ve set up my membership levels the way you suggested in your earlier post – the 1 year buy now option. Just want to clarify a point. Based on what you shared earlier, when a person goes back the following year to renew their membership, the fact that the person is already in the system will be recognized by S2Member, correct? (There won’t be a duplicate record issue.)

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 4:50 am #17269

I just wanted to confirm that I’m going to need to get an SSL certificate installed on the website in order to provide secure membership signup, correct? Or is security already provided in S2Member?

You only need SSL if you’re getting payments on your site with PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net. If you use the other methods where the payments happens off your site, you don’t need SSL. Pre Sale FAQs » Do I need an SSL certificate to use PayPal® Pro or Authorize.Net®?

Based on what you shared earlier, when a person goes back the following year to renew their membership, the fact that the person is already in the system will be recognized by S2Member, correct? (There won’t be a duplicate record issue.)

If the user is logged in to his account when he makes the new payment, then there won’t be a new registration required. If he wasn’t logged in when he paid, then s2Member will assume this was for a new account, it won’t relate the payment to the existing one.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 4:56 am #17271

OK. Thank you!

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 7:02 am #17275

No problem. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.