latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Alternate View Protection continued

Home Forums Community Forum Alternate View Protection continued

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 5:37 pm #34429

Hi,
I wrote earlier (before the recent upgrades) concerning alternate view protection. thread I thought the recent S2 upgrade would allow me to protect a single post from appearing in the general blog by allowing only subscribers to see it.

However I still have the same problem. The only way for a post not to appear, also has the unfornate effects of removing drop down menu items from our blog. http://thecontrarariancorner.com

You had mentioned there is a “more” html tag that I could add to the posts that would prevent non-subscribers from seeing the content. But I sure could use some help in setting this up, because I am stuck.

Here is the post in the blog section that i just posted with membership level 2 protection (only paid members should be able to see it)

Regards,
Joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 12:35 am #34514

You had mentioned there is a “more” html tag that I could add to the posts that would prevent non-subscribers from seeing the content. But I sure could use some help in setting this up, because I am stuck.

The “more” tag is what to you add to mark where the post excerpt ends in the archives/home. You just add [hilite code][/hilite] to your post.

What trouble are you having?

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 8:45 am #34651

The trouble i was having was finding the right code snippet. So if I put

<!--more-->

html tag in the beginning of the post – only subs should see the content and non-subs the headline. I’ll give this a shot today. Thx

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 12:02 pm #34674

Thanks Cristián – this code snippet totally did the trick.
Much Appreciated.

Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:04 am #34775

Excellent! Thanks the update. I’m glad I could help you with that. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.