latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Alternate View Protection

Home Forums Community Forum Alternate View Protection

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 3:24 pm #32622

Our site is thecontrariancorner.com My question concerns Alternate View Protection. We would like to exclude any posts that are designated by Level 1 or Level 2 membership protection, not to appear at all on the website unless the reader is a subscriber. We have a mix of free content and paid content.

It seems that the only way to do this is to check all the Filter ALL WordPress® queries; protecting all Alternative Views boxes. But when we do this much of our NAV menus also disappear.

Only selecting the first three choices to protect doesn’t accomplish this.

I’d like to continue showing non subscribers the many options that are available in the NAV menu (as an inducement to subscribe).

Is there a setting that I’m missing that can protect a post so that it cannot be seen by non-subscribers and still show all the NAV menu options we offer?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:06 am #32680

Hi Joseph.

We would like to exclude any posts that are designated by Level 1 or Level 2 membership protection, not to appear at all on the website unless the reader is a subscriber.

Do you mean from the archives and homepage? Yes, the alternative view protection would remove them from there.

If the way the alternative view protection settings does it is not exactly what you need, you could use the WP “more” tag at the beginning of the posts.

It wouldn’t remove the post title and link from appearing in the lists, but it’d only show the content up to the “more” tag and then link to the post to continue reading, at which point the person would be sent to the Membership Options Page if he doesn’t have enough access.

This may work well with how you want to tease the non-subscribers showing what you have without giving it to them.

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.